Singapore Street Festival 2004
Spinning: l'ze.fier 's Yesterday's Friend.
*l'ze.fier means laissz faire.The word laissez.faire means freedom to the economy. Similarly. L'ze.fier is freedom to music; free expression of sound. The band was formed early January 2002. Consisting of former members from broken bands, L'ze.fier forged the strongest bond ever imagined. Different styles of music influences has resulted in the unique sounds of L'ze.fier. Today, L'ze.fier is still going strong.
That's a lil intro about l'ze.fier that I found online.
****************************************
Attended the Singapore Street Festival's gig @ Faber House Park today. Was supposed to be there before 2.45pm, but due to SOMEONE who met me late...You should know who ! Hehe
Anyway, l'ze.fier was already singing when we got there. I'm truly amazed by them. It's the first time I saw them, their music are great! Refreshing, strong and powerful. Up till now, the music is still dominating my mind. Not enough of words to describe them.
Heard of them long ago from Chika. But this is the first time I heard them perform live.
I'm spinning the track as background music for this week. *geez*
****************************************
Anyway, talking about today.
Chiew, Kim and I met at Tampines MRT Control Station at 2.15pm before we make our way down towards Faber House Park. Reach at 3pm.
We stayed for L'ze.fier 's gig before we proceed towards takashimaya to develop some prints. I was in a hysterical mode! Simply taking pictures to him every second. Chika even commented that I was too engrossed looking at him. Opps, Am I really that obvious?
Went back to Faber House Park at 4.45pm. Mayfair's gig. That's the gig that I am deeply engrossed in. The drummer is powerful, so is the vocalist. *catch it?*
Next up was Amethyst. The band is fine, but maybe not suitable for me. Saw Arbish performing. Not bad!
We left when they were singing their 2nd song. It was 5.40pm already. We were supposed to meet ShiYan and Hui back at tampines at 6.30pm.
Chiew was talking about taking a photo with Sly, the vocalist of l'ze.fier. So, there we were, standing right beside the back stage. With fear. *winks*
But Chiew was brave enough to walk up front to look for Sly. I helped them to take the picture, and they were standing so close to each other. *envy*
By the way, Sly joined the Singapore Idol compeition, and he was qualified for the next round! Cheers!
After, Chiew was pestering me to take a picture with him too. In my mind, I am very much tempted to, but I felt so shy. But I still went up to him, and ask him for the photo. He was still asking me, what he should do. *Cute* Aww....
But my photo turns out weird, and chiew's photo turns out a little blur.
Aww...I am not putting up my photo of course. *winks*. Anyway, this photo looks great!
We made our way back to Tampines, bought Potter's movie tickets, before we went for the steamboat dinner. We had an hour plus to kill after dinner, so we went over to century square for some shopping in the comic book shop, and went arcade.
By the way, I am boycotting the freaking photo shop at Tampines Mall. Fancy charging us $1 per 4R photo by developing from the digicam. We only paid 50 cents for each photo at Orchard. Gosh, this is freaking expensive.
Movie ended at 12am. Was worried that the guys can't get their transport home, but well, Chiew managed to board her bus. Er, Shiyan was supposed to take bus back home, but his cab came earlier than the bus, so there he goes.
****************************************
Back home, pestered Chika to send me l'ze.fier songs. I've got Wu Suo Wei (Well, this song was composed 2 years ago, so I suppose 5566 stole their title? Uh Huh), and Yesterday's Friend.
Is still in hysterical mode. l'ze.fier! Mayfair!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home