Copyright
Just realized that quite a number of my bloggie mates have been putting up music on their sites. Well, I did it before, but removed the music content due to the word copyright.
I was a avid fan of terence's blog site last time (peeps, it's close now). Don't know whether he will be reading this post or not. But ever since I saw what happen to him, I've since taken off all music contents that I held on my site. It was a breach of copyright.
If you aren't aware waht is RIS, it stands for Recording Industry Singapore Pte Ltd. They represent various recording companies who are the owners of the licensees of the copyright in Singapore of a large number of sound recordings. We need to obtain the appropriate licenses for use of their materials like for example to stream their members' content.
Yes, the license is important, for otherwise, we will be held for breach of copyright, which there might be serious civil and criminal remedies.
Since then, I've removed those copyright materials that I've on the site. I've always like the idea of presenting my current favourite music on my site, so as that I could share the good music with every one. But the law doesn't allow us to do that.
Yes, the license is important, for otherwise, we will be held for breach of copyright, which there might be serious civil and criminal remedies.
Since then, I've removed those copyright materials that I've on the site. I've always like the idea of presenting my current favourite music on my site, so as that I could share the good music with every one. But the law doesn't allow us to do that.
I understand that we will be robbing the artists of their fruits of labour by downloading their albums. I don't hold great approval or disappproval about this idea.
Actually there are pros and cons regarding this.
By downloading the albums, we might come to realize that this is a good album that we shouldn't miss. It would be more well worth for us to get albums that have songs that we like. Imagine of getting an album that you would only like maybe 3 out of 10 songs. Isn't that a great waste?
That's the pros of downloading music.
Cons. We're robbing the artists of their fruits of labour, and also all their incentives. I'm sure that sales figures for their albums are decreasing as people would rather download the albums. Well, if the industry was to decline any further, it would reach its failure state. Imagine there will never be albums and music made and published. Imagine the world without music. It kills.
Actually there are pros and cons regarding this.
By downloading the albums, we might come to realize that this is a good album that we shouldn't miss. It would be more well worth for us to get albums that have songs that we like. Imagine of getting an album that you would only like maybe 3 out of 10 songs. Isn't that a great waste?
That's the pros of downloading music.
Cons. We're robbing the artists of their fruits of labour, and also all their incentives. I'm sure that sales figures for their albums are decreasing as people would rather download the albums. Well, if the industry was to decline any further, it would reach its failure state. Imagine there will never be albums and music made and published. Imagine the world without music. It kills.
Just be aware of RIS. Warnings.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home