Damn services
I'm enraged. I'm annoyed. I'm displeased. YES. So what's it all about?
It's the services that government hospitals provide. My sister was admitted to KKH for her delivery. And yes, I did try to forgive the doctor for what happened during delivery. The absurd doctor simply didn't gave my sister attention! He kept insisting that she will not give birth for the next 6 hours, and so he didn't perform his responsibilities to do checkups. My sister kept telling him regarding it. He just refused to do anything, not even giving her the attention. The doctor was just standing at the doorway, telling her that the baby will not arrive so soon. Then HE WALKED away.
That was at 8pm. Guess what? The baby arrived at around 9pm.
The nurses are the ones who helped her about the delivery, other than 2 other baby doctors. According to my sis, the doctors are only in charge of the baby. So? Where's the quality services that doctors should have?
Ok, I forgave that since everything is over.
BUT?
As joejoe is a premature baby, he has to stay at the Special Care Nursery (SCN). So my sis has to shuffle between her ward at level 3 and the SCN ward at level 2.
The Special Care Nursery is known to provide step-down care for babies discharged from the NICU. It also takes care of newborn babies, including low birth weight babies, requiring close monitoring and observation with some medical intervention.
Definitely, it costs much more. But cost isn't the problem here.
It's the services! My mom gave me a call this morning to notify me about joejoe's problem. I feared. I felt so terrible upon hearing the news. The baby was having some difficulties in breathing earlier in the morning, and thus suffering from "lack of oxygen". Gosh. The news is definitely alarming.
I went visiting my sis and joejoe during lunch break, and brought some food for my sis. AND, I managed to sneak into the SCN to visit joejoe. Of course, I did wash my hands thoroughly. Only parents or grandparents are allowed in the unit. HAH! I managed to even stay there for more than 10 minutes. So, this tells me what about the nurses on shift? There wasn't any nurse taking care the cubicle of babies. There were at least 8 babies there.
Next?
One of the babies almost cried out his lungs but no attention was given to him. Another baby who was beside joejoe, was having some problems, and the machine was beeping; given signals to the nurses. It was supposed to indicate the low oxygen intake or heartbeat rate if I'm not wrong. And again, no nurse came forward.
I only managed to see an INDIAN nurse when the baby's parents arrive. Why did she appear? I reckon its because she saw the parents walking in at the other end of the unit. She pretended to show concern to the baby. Please! After 10 minutes of the beeping? Is this what the SCN should do? And if it is, why have such units?
I could use that 10 minutes to smuggle the babies out. I doubt they will notice. They can't even notice me walking into the unit.
What are the nurses doing in the unit? THEY ARE ALL GOSSIPING. Are we paying for such services? They seriously didn't perform good jobs.
I almost went over to give the baby a pat, to at least console him. It kind of broke my heart when I saw the baby crying for so long. The cry was so heart-fending. I tried controlling my tears. I was on the verge to cry. I am both annoyed and disappointed in such services.
My sis then told me about the incident. I'm agitated. "Hey this is a baby, a life. Is that to treat them? And if something gonna happen to the babies, can they pay us back with our very own babies?" No, they can't. It's only showing me how sick is the hospital. And the most honorable info is that KKH is a well known hospital for women and children. Hah. Did they perform a satisfying job?
The nurse only said that joejoe must have drank too much milk, that's why causing the problem. But first, how did they ever feed the babies? Did they help to clean up the babies right after drinking the milk?
And if the nurses are giving the babies more attention, nothing of the problems will happen. They are merely shifting the blames to the babies. Saying that it's the babies having problems.
Once again, I want to emphasize on the SCN unit. WHAT IS SCN?
This is the first time I'm carrying joejoe in my arms. A new born baby. He is so small, so vulnerable on my arms. I saw him doing some cute actions (like making faces). Awesome. He has got my full attention upon seeing him for the first time on Sunday night.
Tears rolled down my cheeks when I left. I didn't want them to affect my sis. My sis is still in hospital due to her HBP.
Seriously, I demand an explanation from the hospital.
P/s: It's just what I felt after the visit. Be it you believe it or not. Just wanted to write it down. Maybe suggestions for improving? Freak
It's the services that government hospitals provide. My sister was admitted to KKH for her delivery. And yes, I did try to forgive the doctor for what happened during delivery. The absurd doctor simply didn't gave my sister attention! He kept insisting that she will not give birth for the next 6 hours, and so he didn't perform his responsibilities to do checkups. My sister kept telling him regarding it. He just refused to do anything, not even giving her the attention. The doctor was just standing at the doorway, telling her that the baby will not arrive so soon. Then HE WALKED away.
That was at 8pm. Guess what? The baby arrived at around 9pm.
The nurses are the ones who helped her about the delivery, other than 2 other baby doctors. According to my sis, the doctors are only in charge of the baby. So? Where's the quality services that doctors should have?
Ok, I forgave that since everything is over.
BUT?
As joejoe is a premature baby, he has to stay at the Special Care Nursery (SCN). So my sis has to shuffle between her ward at level 3 and the SCN ward at level 2.
The Special Care Nursery is known to provide step-down care for babies discharged from the NICU. It also takes care of newborn babies, including low birth weight babies, requiring close monitoring and observation with some medical intervention.
Definitely, it costs much more. But cost isn't the problem here.
It's the services! My mom gave me a call this morning to notify me about joejoe's problem. I feared. I felt so terrible upon hearing the news. The baby was having some difficulties in breathing earlier in the morning, and thus suffering from "lack of oxygen". Gosh. The news is definitely alarming.
I went visiting my sis and joejoe during lunch break, and brought some food for my sis. AND, I managed to sneak into the SCN to visit joejoe. Of course, I did wash my hands thoroughly. Only parents or grandparents are allowed in the unit. HAH! I managed to even stay there for more than 10 minutes. So, this tells me what about the nurses on shift? There wasn't any nurse taking care the cubicle of babies. There were at least 8 babies there.
Next?
One of the babies almost cried out his lungs but no attention was given to him. Another baby who was beside joejoe, was having some problems, and the machine was beeping; given signals to the nurses. It was supposed to indicate the low oxygen intake or heartbeat rate if I'm not wrong. And again, no nurse came forward.
I only managed to see an INDIAN nurse when the baby's parents arrive. Why did she appear? I reckon its because she saw the parents walking in at the other end of the unit. She pretended to show concern to the baby. Please! After 10 minutes of the beeping? Is this what the SCN should do? And if it is, why have such units?
I could use that 10 minutes to smuggle the babies out. I doubt they will notice. They can't even notice me walking into the unit.
What are the nurses doing in the unit? THEY ARE ALL GOSSIPING. Are we paying for such services? They seriously didn't perform good jobs.
I almost went over to give the baby a pat, to at least console him. It kind of broke my heart when I saw the baby crying for so long. The cry was so heart-fending. I tried controlling my tears. I was on the verge to cry. I am both annoyed and disappointed in such services.
My sis then told me about the incident. I'm agitated. "Hey this is a baby, a life. Is that to treat them? And if something gonna happen to the babies, can they pay us back with our very own babies?" No, they can't. It's only showing me how sick is the hospital. And the most honorable info is that KKH is a well known hospital for women and children. Hah. Did they perform a satisfying job?
The nurse only said that joejoe must have drank too much milk, that's why causing the problem. But first, how did they ever feed the babies? Did they help to clean up the babies right after drinking the milk?
And if the nurses are giving the babies more attention, nothing of the problems will happen. They are merely shifting the blames to the babies. Saying that it's the babies having problems.
Once again, I want to emphasize on the SCN unit. WHAT IS SCN?
This is the first time I'm carrying joejoe in my arms. A new born baby. He is so small, so vulnerable on my arms. I saw him doing some cute actions (like making faces). Awesome. He has got my full attention upon seeing him for the first time on Sunday night.
Tears rolled down my cheeks when I left. I didn't want them to affect my sis. My sis is still in hospital due to her HBP.
Seriously, I demand an explanation from the hospital.
P/s: It's just what I felt after the visit. Be it you believe it or not. Just wanted to write it down. Maybe suggestions for improving? Freak
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home