Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Resignation Letter

I'M RESIGNING, I'M HEREBY OFFICIALLY TENDERING MY RESIGNATION AS A TEENAGER!

I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an eight-year-old again!

I want to go down to McDonalds and think it’s a five-star restaurant.

I want to think that M & M's are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to eat a whole packet of Chips without feeling guilty afterwards.

I want to return to when all you knew were colors, multiplication, tables and nursery rhymes.

I want to return to when you didn't know and you didn't care.

I want to remember ....
- The whole morning was filled of what your Mom had packed for lunch and the whole afternoon what you were having for dinner.
- When a simple matchbox car or a Barbie doll represented a whole week's worth of entertainment.
- When you actually had an imagination.
- When magic really existed. - When 'Jaws' didn't look fake.

I want to think ...
- That the world is fair.
- That everyone is honest and good would always triumph over evil.
- When a member of the of the opposite sex was just some annoying disturbance.
- When friends were real and you didn't care if they were black, white, Catholic, Asian, African, Muslim, fat, skinny, pink, green or from a whole other planet, it just didn't matter... until others told you differently!

I want to believe that anything is possible. All you have to do is to Dream.

I want it to be unknown to me of the complexities of life and to be completely ecstatic by the little things again like the sound of the Mr. Whippy Van!

I DON'T want to know of any school, homework, clothes, friendship, relationships, popularity or even gossip!

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams and human kind.

I want to believe that all adults must know everything (How wrong we were).

So here's my money, my Visa-ATM cards, my responsibilities, my projects(esp), my makeup, and my adolescence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home